Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve in VC
    replied
    I finally got a chance to try the Toyo TR-1, 245/35/16's on a rainy road. No significant difference from the 195/60/14 Pilot Exalto All Seasons. In both cases hard braking hit 0.65G's (the Pilots hit 0.85 on dry, I haven't hit it hard enough to find the limits on the TR1's).

There was a thread on M.net about LSD's breaking loose easily in the rain, and I didn't remember any problem last year. So I tried to break the rear end loose on corners. Nothing beyond what I would expect.

Leave a comment:

• chuckerants
    replied
    It seems the 15x7 Koseis and 225x50x15s are juuust a little too much for the old FM springs. Drivers side front is rubbing on the fender well when I hit just a minor dip.

The cause is probably that the KYB AGX on that corner is probably blown.

Back to my 14" and Azenis for now.

Leave a comment:

• Steve in VC
    replied
    Well my 15" Enkei / 225/45/15 RS2's have been on back order for going on a month, and still no ETA on the tires.

I canceled that order, ordered what Pat has. Expect those in the next day or two.

Pat - have you had a chance to beat on it yet???

Steve

Leave a comment:

• Tom @ Fast Forward
    replied
    Actually, mine is set to factory height and I think that was 12.5" all the way around. It is a 10AE and came lower than the base model.

The wheels "fell off" and the tires "fell off" with them but the JIC's are well anchored.

Leave a comment:

• chuckerants
    replied
    Tom had these same wheel/tire/suspension height combo and he didn't have any problems, so...

I can't afford RA1s either. I bought em used - 225x50x15s.

Now I'm just waiting for a set of JICs to fall off someone's Miata.
    Originally posted by socal pat View Post
    Yah, 12" to 12 1/4" is pretty low to be squeezing in serious rubber. I couldn't afford the RA1's along with the new wheels, so that will be my next set of tires.

Leave a comment:

• socal pat
    replied
    Yah, 12" to 12 1/4" is pretty low to be squeezing in serious rubber. I couldn't afford the RA1's along with the new wheels, so that will be my next set of tires.

Leave a comment:

• chuckerants
    replied
    I just mounted a set of used RA1s in 225x 15". With the old FM springs, the front tires look really close to the fender.

I can't wait to take a drive.

Leave a comment:

• socal pat
    replied
    Originally posted by Tom @ Fast Forward View Post
    I thought my 225/50-15s were wide. I know what my next set will be. You just need more rim offset, I guess?
    The offset is pretty much the same as Emillio's wheels. Around ET36.

Leave a comment:

• socal pat
    replied
    Originally posted by mywong23 View Post
    wow, the 245's fit on the front without any lock to lock rubbing ?????
    how about on a bump - will it scrape fender liner?
    So far no rubbing in normal everyday driving. I haven't had the chance to beat on the setup yet though.

Leave a comment:

• Steve in VC
    replied
    Pat,

Now that you have had them a while, how do they corner?

Would you like to borrow my G-Timer and measure the cornering and stopping G forces?

I get about 0.8G with my 195/60/14 Pilot Exalto All Season.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• Tom @ Fast Forward
    replied
    I thought my 225/50-15s were wide. I know what my next set will be. You just need more rim offset, I guess?

Leave a comment:

• mywong23
    replied
    wow, the 245's fit on the front without any lock to lock rubbing ?????
    how about on a bump - will it scrape fender liner?

Leave a comment:

• socal pat
    replied
    OK, 2 more pics. If there are any requests for a certain angle I'll be happy to oblige.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• socal pat
    replied
    Let's see if this photo works. I used to think that 205 Azenis were pretty fat.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Mathrips
    replied
    Good for you.
    I for one, would love to see some pics. Angle from front and angle from rear?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X