• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitment: '94 Miata

Can anyone confirm fitment of the following combination:

Kosei K1 Racing, 15x7, 38mm
    BF Goodrich g-force R1, 225/50

I've been running 205/50 V710s without any rubbing and I'd like to know if I could go up to 225s. This would be dedicated track use, no street driving.

Thanks,
    Pat.
    Pat O'Neal
    '94 Miata FFS MP62 Coldside, PWR, Zeitronix Zt-2
    Cardomain Page

There is a pretty good tire-wheel size comparator available at
    http://www.rims-n-tires.com/rt_specs.jsp

It allows various tire and wheel sizes, as well as offsets to be entered and reviewed. For comparison sake, I get a little rubbing full lock turns or medium turn and full droop/compression on this combination:
    1990 with 15x8; +40 offset; 225-45x15; ride height at 12.5" to 12.75" all around...

Hope this helps -- good luck!
    1990 - red - buncha fun stuff...

Comment

Originally posted by BlownMX5 View Post
      Can anyone confirm fitment of the following combination:

Kosei K1 Racing, 15x7, 38mm
      BF Goodrich g-force R1, 225/50

I've been running 205/50 V710s without any rubbing and I'd like to know if I could go up to 225s. This would be dedicated track use, no street driving.

Thanks,
      Pat.
      Well i run a 15x8 ATS wheel which i believe is either 30 or 35 offset with a 225/45/15 tire RA1...

My suspension is a bit lowered over stock and there is no rubbing on the road. When i track the car and the suspension is fully compressed on once side, it'll rub once in a while. It's borderline if you know what i mean. I'll eventually have my fenders rolled!

The 38' offset will help and a 45 profile tire would work better for you in my opinion!

Comment

I run the Kosei K1 15x7 with 38mm offset and 225/50-15 on both sets of wheels/tires. The only have a slight rub at full lock either direction. Only time I ever hear/feel it is when I am trying to make a close U-turn.
        sigpic

1990 with FFS Coldside. At least 260 WHP NON-INTERCOOLED

Comment

OK, that's good to know Tom. I am going to change from the V710s I've been running to the G-Force R1s (225/50) and see how I like them.
          Pat O'Neal
          Cardomain Page

Comment

Stop by. I have a full set in the garage with 225/50-15 T1rs you can try. I have the RA-1s on the car at the moment. I'd love the company.
            sigpic

Comment

949 racing has a good guide to fitment also Goodwin Racing is a great resource. 225/50x15 may give you rubbing issues if you've lowered your car unless you roll your fenders. 225/45x15 would be a better fit.

Hankook makes the Z214 in a 225/45X15 in both a Autox (C70) and a Road race (C40) at about $30 less per tire than the BFG's.They feel as fast as the V710 and give long life like the 710's in the C70 compound.

Tom I think BlownMX5 is talking about a NA which has a different fitment than your NB

http://www.949racing.com/index.asp?P...on=Custom&ID=1

Lee F
              www.mnautox.com

Comment

Good catch.

Pat, the offer still stands to visit and try them.
                sigpic

Comment

Great Tom! I'll be right over; I'm only 400 miles down the road. Oh, and I'll have to tow the car since it isn't street legal anymore (how's that hotside CARB coming? ).
                  Pat O'Neal
                  Cardomain Page

Comment

Maybe I should make a house call? 400 miles for me is a run to the store.

My assigned CARB engineer is back to work this past Tuesday so there's hope.

Great Tom! I'll be right over; I'm only 400 miles down the road. Oh, and I'll have to tow the car since it isn't street legal anymore (how's that hotside CARB coming? ).
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tom @ Fast Forward View Post
                      I run the Kosei K1 15x7 with 38mm offset and 225/50-15 on both sets of wheels/tires. The only have a slight rub at full lock either direction. Only time I ever hear/feel it is when I am trying to make a close U-turn.
                      Gotta remember however NB miata's have more clearence on fenders than NA miatas.

Comment

Originally posted by mx3jmcb View Post
                        The 38' offset will help and a 45 profile tire would work better for you in my opinion!
                        Unfortunately, the only 225/45/15 R-compound tire is the Hoosier R6 @ $204 (+ $15 for heat cycling). $940 total shipped + mount & balance . Awesome tire, though.
                        Pat O'Neal
                        Cardomain Page

Comment

Unfortunately, the only 225/45/15 R-compound tire is the Hoosier R6 @ $204 (+ $15 for heat cycling). $940 total shipped + mount & balance . Awesome tire, though.
                          Ahh No
                          Hankook makes the Z214 in both an autocross and road race compound @ about $175 per tire.

Nitto has the NT-01 track tire @ about $140 per tire

The Toyo RA1 which is a great track tire @ about $150 per tire.

so Hoosier isn't the only tire in town.

I've driven the Hankook in the C70 autocross compound and it's feels as fast as the Kumho 710/It also wear as good.

I'm probably going to run the Hankooks this year on my new 6UL's but I'll wait to see what GRM finds on there annual tire test.

Lee F
                          Last edited by 1fstgt; 01-18-2008, 08:59 PM.

Comment

I have purchase tires from these guys several times and the price always seems great to me. They have both the Hankook and the Toyo T1R in that size. The T1R is $133 each.

http://www.edgeracing.com/
                            sigpic

Comment

Did you check RA1'[email protected] edgeracing.com

Comment

Working...
                              X