Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using alternative management for "E-Cool" system - mapping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Based on what you are telling me, I wouldn't run anything less than 97 RON. 95 RON looks like it would be equivalent to our 89, which is only a midgrade gas. I wouldn't put that low of an octane in any FI'd engine. If you put the 95 MON in there, I imagine you would need to up the timing retard to 8 lights (1 deg per psi) to stop it from knocking.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill @ Fast Forward View Post
      Based on what you are telling me, I wouldn't run anything less than 97 RON. 95 RON looks like it would be equivalent to our 89, which is only a midgrade gas. I wouldn't put that low of an octane in any FI'd engine. If you put the 95 MON in there, I imagine you would need to up the timing retard to 8 lights (1 deg per psi) to stop it from knocking.
      I think our 95 RON is equivalent to half way between your 89 and 91, but like you say, not much good. I'll run it on 99 RON (93 AKI) as much as possible and use 97 RON (91.5 AKI) if I can't find the 99 RON.

I'll obviously also make sure I fill it with 99 RON before and during any hard driving.

My brother and I both have tuned Mitsubishi Evos mapped on 99 RON fuel. He's about to start experimenting with adding methanol to the gas tank in 1 part meth to 10 parts 99 RON. Apparently others have tried it with great success, so I'll see how it gets on and perhaps in the future look into running it on my MX-5.

Comment

Working...
      X