This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 wire O2 sensor conversion

If you convert your header to an aftermarket header, there is a great chance that the O2 bung will be too far away from the exhaust ports and, therefore, runn too cool. You can get a generic 4 wire O2 sensor pretty reasonably at any auto parts store. This link will tell you all about making the conversion.

http://mymiata.paladinmicro.com/Miata4-WireO2.htm
    sigpic

1990 with FFS Coldside. At least 260 WHP NON-INTERCOOLED

Wow, that's some good digging, Tom! I remember talking to Cliff Knight half a dozen years ago when I added a 4-wire to my 92 that used an inexpensive ebay header. FWIW, that O2 sensor has a connector made for a Dodge Dynasty. I don't have the p/n at work, but you can buy the corresponding male connector at a Chrysler dealer for under $20. It's nice if you want to be able to swap out the O2 sensor relatively quickly, but not necessary.
    97M - FFS Coldside 105/65, FCM 600/375, FM frame rails, big RB front sway, HDHCHTDDSS, Thermal, Wilwood BBK, RE-11As...

Comment

I’d be interested in that.

Comment

That's not my link. Credit goes to Byrdmen. He was kind to dig that up for us.
        sigpic

1990 with FFS Coldside. At least 260 WHP NON-INTERCOOLED

Comment

Here's the part number for the Chrysler connector: 4439077.
          97M - FFS Coldside 105/65, FCM 600/375, FM frame rails, big RB front sway, HDHCHTDDSS, Thermal, Wilwood BBK, RE-11As...

Comment

Working...
          X