Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, fuel rail is part of a fuel rail from summit racing. I think it was a holley brand 12" blank rail. Looking at the bottom picture, the lower end of the rail has a 90 deg 1/4 npt elbow and 5/16" barb fitting from the fuel feed. Fuel feed line is efi rated 5/16 hose. The two injector lines have inverted flare to 1/4 npt adapters and the side of the rail is drilled and tapped to suit, and the top end of the rail has a 1/4 npt 90 deg inverted flare adapter to feed the fuel rail. This gets fed before the main rail. The three grey lines are hard pipes made from bits of a miata fuel line, salvaged from my race car which is getting the V8 roadsters LS1 treatment

Getting the injector fittings to align perfectly on the injectors took a bit of work but the end result seems good.
    Street = '94 with FFS & the usual bits
    Race = '97 with GT2560 turbo etc

Comment

Hello,

Can you please send me a picture or upload a picture of the injector fitting you ended up using?

I'm waiting for the correct clips for the injectors at the moment but if possible I'd love to do something in the meanwhile. The Extra injectors are the only thing stopping me from driving it. I'm interested to see what you have done anyway as I'm interested in modifying what is there.

Did you think about bolting on a fuel rail to the manifold as a way of securing the injectors and feeding fuel to them, or is there not enough room?

Regards,
      Andre

Comment

Andre, the injector fittings are the standard new design as shown in the first post of this thread. A 1/8 npt to inverted 5/16 flare fitting is than screwed in instead of the hose barb. The inverted flare tube nut screws into the inverted flare fitting to secure the hard tube. The tubing between the fuel rail and injector is 5/16 because that's what I had available, but I think you could easily used 1/4".

The fuel rail I used is designed to be drilled and go on the end of the injectors, but space at the end of the injectors is severely limited and you risk bouncing the fuel rail off the chassis rail with any engine movement. I did consider having the injector pipes run from he main fuel rail direct to the injectors but the length of the pipes would not be ideal. The final configuration I used takes all the stress off the injectors and still has short pipes that should not affect fuel temperature too much.

I'd take more photos if I could, but a friend made me an offer I couldn't refuse last week and I no longer own the car! It's been a difficult week only having one MX-5 :(
        Street = '94 with FFS & the usual bits
        Race = '97 with GT2560 turbo etc

Comment

Thanks PXC94,

I might give that a crack when I get the clips. I might be waiting a while like my last package, stupid postal services and time of year.

I might try other ways of fuelling the injectors instead. I'll let you know what I come up with.

Regards,
          Andre

Comment

Interesting. I would suggest using fuel injector hose rather than solid piping going from the rail you have mounted on the supercharger front. This way you don't put any strain on the extra injectors. The solid pipe from the main fuel rail to the auxiliary fuel rail you made is ok, but I would go with fuel injector hose there also. Doing so would eliminate all strain on the auxiliary fuel rail also which may be a good idea with engine and sc vibration at higher rpm.

Comment

Working...
            X