What Exactly is the 1.6 CARB Kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Exactly is the 1.6 CARB Kit?

Tom, I'm a noob here. I know this is on your site somewhere, but it's not clear to me which of your 1.6 kits is CARBed. Do you have a thread that describes its features and price? I would love to pore over photos, features, installation, etc., but you have a variety of different kits and options and I just can't tell which exact kit and set of options is CARB approved. Thanks.

Eric

At the moment, there is only one kit for the 1.6L. It will add around 70-80WHP and sells for $3995. Sorry for any confusion.

If you read through the 1.6L Coldside forum threads, you will see the history. It has:

MP62, 70mmTB, 6 rib belt system with auto tensioner, dual extra injectors, the FFS Boost Fuel control and Boost Timing Control and Extra Injector (ECool) control. It comes pre-assembled and installs fairly easy. It develops 10PSI boost and around 70-80 WHP above whatever your car develops now (typically 85-90WHP stock for the 1.6L). I think that covers most of it. It is the most complete kit on the market and develops the highest bolt on WHP that is CARB approved (meets/exceeds California Emissions Standards). There is a bit of information here as well http://www.fastforwardsuperchargers....rchargers.html.
    sigpic

1990 with FFS Coldside. At least 260 WHP NON-INTERCOOLED

Comment

Thanks, Tom! I thought it had to be a single configuration; too expensive to certify various set-ups. And I figured with enough digging around I could figure it out, but I thought I'd introduce myself and save time by asking. Perhaps you could make a separate area or page just to lay out the kit for each engine and model and option, if it's not there already? Just a thought.

Anyway, that sounds like a good set-up. I have had a few JRSCs but would like more power. I've also had the FM2 turbo but I'm kind of curious to go back to a supercharger, and I need something CARB legal.

Unfortunately, I'm not ready to buy right now, and I know I'll want to upgrade the clutch and diff and brakes ... but hopefully sometime next year ...

Comment

I need to put up a "map" page with the different kits and prices and features. Someday before I die, I hope to get'r done. I did go through the pages and fix the pricing for the full kits to correspond with the ads in Grass Roots Motorsports.

For the 94-05, there is basically a bare bones kit at $2695 and the full kit at $3995 and I will basically sell anything inbetween. For the 90-93, I am only comfortable selling either a full kit for $3995 or parts for the DIY crowd. I'm here when you are ready.
        sigpic

1990 with FFS Coldside. At least 260 WHP NON-INTERCOOLED

Comment

Excellent, Tom; thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X